- US is already entering a recession
- Premature to invest in emerging markets, but they’re entering “buy” territory
- He likes real estate in the countryside of Portugal, Spain, and Italy
- He also likes some parts of Southeast Asia: Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar, Thailand, and especially Vietnam.
Color on Faber:
- Known as a perpetual bear. In 2012, he claimed their was a “100% chance” of a global recession later that year or in 2013.
- Faber advised his clients to get out of stocks before the crash of 1987. That prediction, along with his entertaining Swiss accent made him popular with financial media. Later on he successfully predicted the rise in commodities, emerging markets, and China.
- Lives in Thailand and might be into weird stuff.
- Has a cool office (pictured below)
Full video below (~4mins)